A lot of Norton users experience technical error and come across error message like “The operation timed out. Check your network connection and retry,” while using any of the Norton products. If you are also facing the same issue, contact Norton antivirus support professionals for assistance.
You need to follow certain steps to resolve this problem. These steps are broadly categorized into:
- Check vault access from web browser
- Turn off Network Cost Awareness
- Temporarily sign out of Norton Identity Safe Vault
- Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
*Please note: These steps are recommended by Norton antivirus support team keeping in mind the latest version of the Norton products. In case you are using the older version or you don’t know your version, you need to go to Norton update center.
Step # 1 – Check vault access from web browser
- Sign in to the Norton Identity Safe website using your email address and password
- In the Open your vault window, type your online vault password, and then click Open Vault.
If the problem persists, then go to Step 2
Step # 2 – Turn Off Network Cost Awareness
- Start your Norton product
- Click Settings
- Under Detailed Settings, click Firewall
- On the General Settings tab, next to Network Cost Awareness, move the slider to Off
- Click Apply, and then Close
If the problem persists, then go to Step 3
Step # 3 – Temporarily sign out of Norton Identity Safe Vault
- Sign out of the Norton Identity Safe vault in your computer and all your other devices
- Restart your computer
- Sign in to your Norton Identity Safe online vault from your computer
If you see the error: “Your Norton account is temporarily locked due to too many failed login attempts…”, do not try to sign in to your Identity Safe vault from any of your devices for one hour.
If the problem persists, then go to Step 4
Step # 4 – Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location
- To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the Ctrl + J key
- Double-click the NRnR icon
- Read the license agreement, and click Agree
- Click Remove & Reinstall
You may see the Remove button if your Norton product is from your service provider
- Click Continue or Remove
- Click Restart Now
After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your Norton product
While the steps are simple and easy to follow to overcome the issue you are facing with your Norton product, in case of any query or problem you can contact expert team on Norton antivirus support number at 0-800-820-3300