Norton Antivirus Installation Manual
Norton has made itself a trustworthy name in the industry when it comes to a program that protects both data and your system, offline as well as online. Norton offers not only the best data protection but also superb Norton Antivirus Support to those using its product for the first time. Some might face an issue during installation and removal of the program.
In order to make your experience with Norton Anti-virus a smooth ride, our experts at Norton Technical Support have prepared a guide. This will help you to easily install or remove any Norton product.
Norton Installation Manual
- Visit Norton.com/setup
- The webpage will ask for Sign-in details in case you have already registered on the website. However, if you are new then make sure to register yourself for receiving future news and updates from Norton.
- Once registered, the setup window will open where you need to click on the Download button.
- If you need to install another product which is not previously registered on your Norton account, click on Enter a New Product Key.
- Type in the product key and wait.
- Click on Agree and then on the Download button.
- Depending upon the web browser you are using, choose one from the following three options: For Internet Explorer/ Microsoft Edge click on Run; for Firefox/ Safari click on the upper right corner of the program and tap the download button; for Google Chrome double tap on the file that you downloaded.
- If the user account window pops-up, click on continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your Norton product is installed and ready to use.
However, in the off-chance that some technical issue pops-up during the installation then call us via toll-free number 0800-820-3300.
Steps to Uninstall Norton Antivirus
Follow the steps given by expert Norton Technical support professionals.
- Click on ‘Start’> go to ‘Control Panel’
- Double tap on Add or Remove Programs’
- Give the window a chance to populate, find the Norton product that you need to uninstall
- Click on the “Remove” button, on the off chance that you see both “Change” and ‘Remove’, then pick ‘Remove’.
- On the off chance that you just see ‘Change’, click on it, then tap on ‘Remove All’ or “Remove” whatever you see on the window
- Click on the “Next” button and following appropriate directions
- At the point when provoked for affirmation, click on ‘Yes’, ‘Remove’, or “OK” whichever alternative show up on your screen. Continue following the guidelines.
- Whenever prompted, restart your PC to let the changes apply on your computer
- At the point when your PC is completely rebooted, close any window that is opened on the desktop.
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla and so on.) and download ‘Norton Removal Tool‘ from ‘us.norton.com’. Select whichever item you have and download the respective tool to remove it. Check the site completely for your item.
- Keep in mind, in the event that it was the Norton antivirus that you uninstalled, your PC will be unprotected for time you are online and have not downloaded any security.
- When you have downloaded the file, click on the “Save” alternative and spare it to your favored location viz. desktop, C: and so forth.
- Double tap on the file symbol (Norton_Removal_Tool.exe) to open the document. Run it and sit tight for the procedure to wrap up.
- Whenever completed, the tool will prompt you to restart the PC. Do it to make the changes effective.
Some key points to be noted:
Norton customer support team recommends additional points that one must take note of carefully.
- For uninstalling a Norton product user may require the Norton product key. Thus, keep it available.
- User must sign in as an admin to uninstall the Norton product. On the off chance that you are signed in as an user with limited access, your un-installation procedure may not be successful.
In case of any concerns feel free to contact Norton customer support team at Global technical support on their Norton technical support toll free number UK at 0-800-820-3300.