Most people often get confused between D-Link Support Services. A Dlink Wireless router is a device which is not only used to connect different networks but also lets others connect to your network. In other words, Modem is used to connect to the Internet and router is used to connect your devices like phone, tablet, laptop, printer, etc. on to that network. This D Link Support UK article will guide you on how you can configure your D-Link AC Wireless router. This guide will apply to almost all of the D-Link routers.
To configure your own D LINK wireless router you either need D-link Router Support Number or self expertise to ensure that your modem can interface with the web. To configure and setup your D link router, take after strides beneath:
- Turn off your modem and interface your Router to the modem through Ethernet cable.
- Presently turn on the modem and after that turn on the router. Sit tight for the LEDs on the router and modem to get steady.
- Interface your PC to the router by means of Ethernet cable. You can likewise associate your PC remotely to the router. To do that, search for the Wi-Fi configuration card in the box of the router and make a note of the SSID and password for the router. D-Link Customer Service prescribes to utilize the Ethernet cable for a reliable connection.
- Presently open the web browser from the PC and enter the IP location of the router or go to http://dlinkrouter.local./.
- A website page will show up. Select the dialect and snap on Next.
- Your router may identify the kind of internet connection. On the off chance that it doesn’t, choose the connection type given underneath. In the event that you have no clue about your connection type, contact your ISP. They will give you the required data.
- Enter the required data that your ISP has given and snap Next.
- Now enter SSID and password for your Wi-Fi network and snap on Next. D-Link Tech Support recommends you to utilize an extraordinary password and it ought to be the blend of letters, numbers and exceptional images for additional security.
- Click on Save button to spare your settings.
D Link Support recommends you to make a backup of the current settings for simple restoration in future.
Guest network is a component present in D-Link Routers which gives devices a chance to associate with it for getting to the web. There is no requirement for the devices to associate with the primary network. Guest network works in parallel to the primary network and it is only utilized for the web sharing. Every single other thing is disabled in the guest network. D Link Customer Support prescribes you to utilize this component if there should be an occurrence of having guests at your place like when you set up a gathering at your place, individuals can utilize your guest network rather than the primary network which will add up to the security. This D-Link Technical Support article will guide you through the way toward setting up guest network on your D-Link Router.
Follow steps below to set up guest mode:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router and enter the IP address of the router. The default IP address is 192.168.0.1.
- Now enter the username and password to log in.
- Go to ADVANCED > GUEST ZONE.
- Click on the Enable Guest Zone check box to enable it.
- Now select the band and schedule that when should the guest network should be enabled.
- Enter the SSID of the guest mode.
- You can either enter the password for added security or you can keep it open by adding no password which will let everyone use it. D-Link Support recommends to setup a password and use WPA-Personal security type.
- Now click on Save Settings button to save your settings.
- The guest mode is now configured on your D-Link Router.
- If you face any difficulty, please contact to D-Link Router Support.
Firmware is a product in your router which contains all the vital code to make your router run and it additionally has web-page configuration page and all other machine code which makes the hardware of your router to work. On the off chance that your router has bugs or it is only a security update, a firmware update can contain numerous things. It likewise makes the router more reliable which is the reason D-Link Technical Support proposes you to keep your router’s firmware overhauled. This D-Link Customer Support article will guide you as to how can you update your router’s firmware.
- Make sure you download the firmware from the D-Link’s legitimate site only. Or download by clicking here Dlink Firmware Download Help.
- Try not to update your router’s firmware wireless.
- Redesigning your router’s firmware will reset your router. It is prescribed to make a backup of your current router settings before updating the firmware. This will spare a ton of time.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the right firmware document.
- Try not to turn the router off or PC and don’t disengage router and PC while the firmware update is in progress.
- Connect the router to the PC by means of Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP location of the router.
- Enter the username and password when provoked.
- Go to Tools > Maintenance.
- Click on the Update Firmware button and after that select the firmware file which is spared in your PC.
- Click on Update Firmware button to begin updating.
- The router’s firmware will be updated to the new firmware. The router will restart after the procedure. Re-establish the router’s settings from the backup which you have made before the update.
In case you come across any problem even after following the above steps, contact D-Link customer support team at Global technical support – the ace tech support company in the sphere. You can reach the experts on their D-Link Customer Service number at +44 0800 820 3300 (Toll Free) or Contact through web chat, as per your convenience. Contact today! For in warranty product support for D-Link products please call D-link toll free number or visit Official D Link Support website.